Friday, December 27, 2019

Yet another garage

I doubt anybody but Skory follows this blog any more, but that's good enough for me.

It's crazy to look back. The only activity since the last blog post (in 2013!) was...

...Felix was born, Camilo was born, we had to move because the owner of our rental wanted to sell, we spent a year and a half in a "temporary" rental, I got tenure, we went to Mexico on sabbatical, came back to another temporary rental, and are now moving into a new house. I also went on a few epic backpacking trips during this time, and probably a lot more I can't remember...

...so quite a bit, really, but almost nothing on the car. I think I managed to do just a bit of electrical work and rubber seals; can't be more than a couple hours of work in a span of about 6 years. But just before Christmas, I recovered the car from the garage where we stored it during the sabbatical, and brought it to the new house. I have high hopes for making more progress. The kids are old enough that they can alternate between entertaining themselves in the yard and "helping" me do work. The only real distractions will be repairs/upgrades on the house. That can't distract me too much, right? ;)

Will the car be ready to drive at the end of summer 2020?

Leaving the garage in Whittier

In its new home

No comments: